Cyprus Digital Nomads Visa
The “Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa” Scheme allows nationals from non-EU and non-EEA countries, who can perform their work location independently using telecommunications technology, to reside temporarily in Cyprus and work for an employer registered abroad or perform work through telecommunications technology for companies or clients located abroad.
The Scheme’s goal is to strengthen Cyprus as a center for the provision of electronic services, where in combination with the other advantages offered by Cyprus, the attraction of digital nomads will contribute to the development of the business ecosystem and consequently to the economic development of the country. The introduction of the “Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa Scheme” is included in the Strategy for Attracting Businesses for Activities or/and Expansion of their Activities in Cyprus.
Who is Eligible for the Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa
Eligible applicants are non-EU or non-EEA nationals who:
- Can perform work remotely through telecommunications technology;
- Are employed in a company registered abroad, for which they can work location-independently, or are self-employed offering services remotely for clients located abroad;
- Can prove that they have a stable and sufficient monthly net income of at least €3500 (after the deduction of contributions and taxes).
Benefits of the Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa:
- Right of residence for a year in Cyprus, with a possibility of renewal for a further two years.
- Right of residence for family members, for the same period as the Digital Nomad, without the right to be employed to perform economic activity in Cyprus.
- If they reside in the Republic for one or more periods that in total exceed 183 days within the same tax year, then they are considered tax residents of Cyprus, provided they are not tax residents in any other country.
What are the steps to obtain a Digital Nomad Visa in Cyprus?
Within 3 months of arrival, the applicant should submit the relevant application along with all the required documents to the central officers of the Civil Registry and Migration department in Nicosia.
The processing time of is currently set at a minimum of 5-7 weeks. Once approved the first temporary residence permit will be issued with a validity of a year and in case of a renewal the temporary residence permit will be issued with a validity of a maximum of two years.
Why Choose Us To Help You Obtain The Digital Nomad Visa
Making an investment in a foreign country involves a number of difficulties and challenges. This is the reason why it’s important for investors to appoint a Law Firm that is based in Cyprus in order to assist them with the whole procedure. We can guide you in every step of the way to obtain permanent residency in Cyprus.
At Andreas Demetriades & Co LLC we provide keen confidential, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective legal services in Paphos. Wherever you are and whatever the need, we’ll be there for you, as a resourceful and trusted partner.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter and does not constitute legal advice. For any further information, please contact Eleni Simillidi, at Andreas Demetriades & Co LLC by email at email@example.com or by phone +357 26 811 668.
Are you interested in a Digital Nomad Visa?
If you want to enquire about acquiring a Digital Nomad Visa, fill in the form below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.